Delhi Ola-Uber drivers have threatened to boycott the upcoming Delhi 2020 assembly elections until there demands are met.
The call for boycott comes from drivers due to problems faced by them in the Delhi region. There are many demands which these Ola-Uber drivers want the Delhi government to fulfill.
7 Demands of Delhi Ola-Uber Drivers:-
1. The primary and the main demand of these cab drivers is to regulate the entry of vehicles in the Delhi region. Delhi drivers are upset due to entry of vehicles from other states like from Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Delhi Ola-Uber drivers want the government to restrict the entrance of vehicles from outside as it increases the competition between them and affects their earnings.
2. The increased traffic fines should be decreased immediately.
3. The MCD tax should be waved off.
4. There should be strict regulations and restrictions on cab companies like Ola and Uber.
5. The 2017 taxi policy should be implemented with immediate effect.
6. All taxis should have one common fare.
7. Construction of Taxi Stands in Delhi for Delhi registered vehicles.
दिल्ली ऑटो टैक्सी ड्राइवरों की अपील आने वाले चुनाव में केजरीवाल को वोट ना दें अपनी गाड़ियों पर लगा रहे हैं पर्चे आम आदमी पार्टी से नाराज कहा हमारे लिए कुछ नहीं किया केजरीवाल सरकार ने
दिल्ली ऑटो टैक्सी ड्राइवरों की अपील आने वाले चुनाव में केजरीवाल को वोट ना दें
दिल्ली ऑटो टैक्सी ड्राइवरों की अपील आने वाले चुनाव में केजरीवाल को वोट ना दें अपनी गाड़ियों पर लगा रहे हैं पर्चे आम आदमी पार्टी से नाराज कहा हमारे लिए कुछ नहीं किया केजरीवाल सरकार नेPosted by दिल्ली के दुखी ड्राइवर on Sunday, January 12, 2020
Issues are raised online
Many important issues of Delhi cab drivers are being raised online through social media. Some of the drivers have united and have set up their Facebook community where common problems of all the drivers are being raised, like the demands for compensation, crimes against cab drivers, exploitation by private companions, etc.
One such Facebook page is- ‘Dilli Ke Dukhi Drivers’, which has been established by Mr. Bunty Ridhant who is himself a driver.
The drivers have said that they will vote in the upcoming elections only if their demands are met.